Implementation of performance testing to support an insider vulnerability assessment at the Savannah River Site [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Category 1 and 2 facilities must have an insider vulnerability assessment (VA) developed per DOE Order 5633.3A. This VA identifies the critical system elements that must be tested by the performance testing program. Once this VA is developed and all necessary upgrades to the critical system elements are implemented, the upgrades must be performance tested (PT). Per DOE Order 5633.3A, each facility has a safeguards an security system to provide defense-in-depth. The safeguards and security system assures that the level of risk is not increased if a single element is defeated. The VA determines both the amount of risk associated with a single critical element and if the increase in risk is acceptable. Compensatory measures and upgrades to the critical system elements are made when the increase in risk exceeds an acceptable level. This paper will describe the methodology used to performance test compensatory measures and upgrades resulting from an insider VA for a Category 1 process facility at the Savannah River Site. Outsider threats are not considered in this paper. They are the responsibility of the Protective Force and are performance tested by that organization.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1994., "wsrc-ms--94-0106", " conf-940748--22", "DE94015590", 35. annual meeting of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management (INMM),Naples, FL (United States),17-20 Jul 1994., and Monson, R.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14660936