Aggregated systems model [electronic resource] : a tool for nuclear safeguards decision-making
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Setting performance criteria for systems that safeguard special nuclear material (SNM) involves many considerations: characteristics of adversaries attempting to divert SNM, safeguards response to attempts, costs of safeguards systems, and the consequences of diverted SNM. This paper describes an Aggregated Systems Model which is designed to assist decision makers integrate and evaluate consistently these diverse factors. Results from applying the model to a hypothetical facility handling SNM are summarized. The paper also describes a new performance criterion designed to measure the effectiveness of a safeguard system in deterring adversaries.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/04/1979., "ucrl-82212", " conf-800315-5", 2. symposium of the European Safeguards Research and Development Association, Edinburgh, UK, 26 Mar 1980., and Huntsman, J.; Al-Ayat, R.; Judd, B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14661313