Compensated intruder-detection systems [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The invention is an improvement to an intruder-detection system of the kind where intruder-induced signals are transmitted through a medium whose conductance varies with certain climatic conditions. The improved system includes means coupled to the medium for converting the intruder-induced signals received therefrom to a first electrical signal. Means also are provided for generating a reference signal proportional to the climate-induced changes in the signal-conductance of the medium. Means are provided for generating, from the first electrical signal and the reference signal, an electrical output signal which is unaffected by the changes in signal-conductance. Means are provided to give warning when the output signal exceeds a selected value. In another aspect, the invention is a method for operating an intruder-detection system of the kind wherein an intrusion-generated signal transmitted through a detection medium is converted to a first electrical signal. The first electrical signal contains variations resulting from climate-induced changes in the medium. The method of the invention comprises generating an electrical reference signal proportional to the climate-induced changes in the medium; conditioning the first signal with the reference signal to produce an electrical output signal which is unaffected by the climate-induced changes in the medium; and impressing the resulting output signal across an alarm circuit to actuate the same when the output signal exceeds a selected value.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Miller, W.R.; McNeilly, D.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14661453