Holdup measurement for nuclear fuel manufacturing plants [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The assay of nuclear material holdup in fuel manufacturing plants is a laborious but often necessary part of completing the material balance. A range of instruments, standards, and a methodology for assaying holdup has been developed. The objectives of holdup measurement are ascertaining the amount, distribution, and how firmly fixed the SNM is. The purposes are reconciliation of material unbalance during or after a manufacturing campaign or plant decommissioning, to decide security requirements, or whether further recovery efforts are justified.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-30261
E 1.99: conf-810706-38
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Institute of Nuclear Materials Management conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, 13 Jul 1981.
Cohen, I.; Summers, R.; Zucker, M.S.; Degen, M.; Gody, A.; Bisset, P.; Shaub, E.; Holody, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14661471