Role of materials accounting in integrated safeguards systems for reprocessing plants [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Integration of materials accounting and containment/surveillance techniques for international safeguards requires careful examination and definition of suitable inspector activities for verification of operator's materials accounting data. The inspector's verification procedures are designed to protect against data falsification and/or the use of measurement uncertainties to conceal missing material. Materials accounting activities are developed to provide an effective international safeguards system when combined with containment/surveillance activities described in a companion paper.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1981., "la-ur-81-1368", " conf-810502-4", 3. symposium on safeguards and nuclear material management, Karlsruhe, F.R. Germany, 6 May 1981., and Gutmacher, R.G.; Markin, J.T.; Hakkila, E.A.; Whitty, W.J.; Shipley, J.P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14661708