Development of a New Shielding Model for JB-Line Dose Rate Calculations [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2001. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Savannah River Site, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report describes the shielding model development for the JB-Line Upgrade project. The product of this effort is a simple-to-use but accurate method of estimating the personnel dose expected for various operating conditions on the line. The current techniques for shielding calculations use transport codes such as ANISN which, while accurate for geometries which can be accurately approximated as one dimensional slabs, cylinders or spheres, fall short in calculating configurations in which two-or three-dimensional effects (e.g., streaming) play a role in the dose received by workers.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/09/2001., "dpst-83-510", and Buckner, M.R.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 08/09/2001 - 08/09/2001
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14664519