Evaluation of tank data for safety screening [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This document presents the evaluation of the adequacy of the sampling and analysis of Hanford tank wastes for safety screening. A comparison was made of the data collected through sampling and analysis to the data required by the Safety Screening Data Quality Objective (DQO) (Dukelow et al. 1995). The evaluation was for the purpose of determining whether the sampling met the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB) Recommendation 93-5 Implementation Plan milestone 18.104.22.168. Milestone 22.214.171.124 states, ''Core sample all tanks by 2002'' (DOE-RL 1996). The milestone is considered completed for a specific tank if sufficient sample material was taken and analyzed to meet the Safety Screening DQO. A description of the scope is presented in Section 2.0. The definition of Safety Screening DQO needs is presented in Section 3.0. The logic used to determine if the sampling and analysis was sufficient is presented in Section 4.0. In Section 5.0, the tanks that satisfy the Safety Screening DQO are presented. In total, 138 tanks were identified as having been sampled since 1989, and 132 of those tanks met the established criteria. Six tanks did not meet the established criteria. Section 6.0 lists the 45 tanks that either did not meet the criteria or were not sampled since 1989.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 07/22/1999 - 07/22/1999
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14664845