Hydrogeochemical and stream sediment reconnaissance of the National Uranium Resource Evaluation Program primarily for the Rocky Mountain states of New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana, and the State of Alaska. Semiannual progress report, October 1978-March 1979 [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- During this six-month period, Hydrogeochemical and Stream Sediment Reconnaissance samples were collected by the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory (LASL) from 623 locations in Colorado for a special study. Additional special studies are planned for nine other areas in the Rocky Mountain states in fiscal year 1979, plus some cleanup reconnaissance sampling in parts of four quadrangles that overlap state borders. Preparations for reconnaissance sampling of the entire North Slope region of Alaska have been made but sampling is contingent upon receiving supplemental funds. Water samples from 6725 locations were analyzed for uranium by fluorometry or delayed-neutron counting (DNC). Water samples from 9390 locations were analyzed by emission spectroscopy for 12 other elements. Sediment samples from 14,414 locations were analyzed for uranium and 31 other elements by combined DNC and neutron activation analysis. Sediment samples from 9876 locations were analyzed for two additional elements by x-ray fluorescence. Nine LASL reconnaissance reports, one pilot study data release, one supplemental multielement data release, a multielement data release for three areas in western Alaska, and one quarterly report were open filed by the Department of Energy, Grand Junction Office during the six-month period. Numerous other reports are in various stages of completion and several will be open filed in the near future.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Waller, R.A.; Waterbury, G.R.; Aamodt, P.L.; Bunker, M.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14666879