Determination of radionuclides in air [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The air in certain work areas at the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant is monitored for selected radionuclides to assure safety from toxic effects to personnel in the area. Some of the radionuclides that are determined are shown with their Radiation Protection Standard (RPS) values by means of a table. The RPS is the maximum average airborne contamination to which personnel may be exposed for one week without respiratory protection and is expressed as disintegrations per minute (dpm) per cubic meter (m/sup 3/) of air. It is desirable to make reliable measurements at a level which is 10% of the RPS to ensure that the detection limits are well below the RPS. Thorium, neptunium, plutonium, and uranium all have alpha emitting isotopes and it is their alpha activity which is measured. Results are tabulated.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:k/tl--774
E 1.99: conf-781040--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Indoor Air Pollution
- Radiation Protection
- Alpha Particles
- Radiation Monitoring
- Neptunium Isotopes
- Safety Standards
- Plutonium Isotopes
- Thorium Isotopes
- Uranium Isotopes
- Occupational Safety
- Radioecological Concentration
- Alpha Particles-- Radiation Monitoring
- Neptunium Isotopes-- Radiation Monitoring
- Orgdp-- Radiation Protection
- Orgdp-- Safety Standards
- Plutonium Isotopes--Radiation Monitoring
- Thorium Isotopes-- Radiation Monitoring
- Uranium Isotopes-- Radiation Monitoring
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"OSTI ID: 6590362"
22. conference on analytical chemistry in energy technology, Gatlinburg, TN (US), 10/10/1978.
Rucker, Thomas L.
Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant, TN (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14667292