Neutron Scattering Stiudies [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, 2007. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 762 KB : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This project covers four principal areas of research: Elastic and inelastic neutron scattering studies in odd-A terbium, thulium and other highly deformed nuclei near A=160 with special regard to interband transitions and to the investigation of the direct-interaction versus the compound-nucleus excitation process in these nuclei. Examination of new, fast photomultiplier tubes suitable for use in a miniaturized neutron-time-of-flight spectrometer. Measurement of certain inelastic cross sections of 238U. Determination of the multiplicity of prompt fission gamma rays in even-A fissile actinides. Energies and mean lives of fission isomers produced by fast fission of even-Z, even-A actinides. Study of the mean life of 7Be in different host matrices and its possible astro-physical significance.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/18/2007., and Kegel, Gunter H.R.; Egan, James J.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 12/01/1985 - 07/31/2006
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14668454