Measurement of cross sections for alpha-induced reactions on 197Au and thick-target yields for the ((alpha),(gamma)) process on 64Zn and 63Cu [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 19 pages; size: 0.8 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We have measured the cross sections for the ¹⁹⁷Au(α,γ)²°¹Tl and ¹⁹⁷Au(α,2n)¹⁹⁹Tl reactions in the 17.9- to 23.9-MeV energy range, and ¹⁹⁷Au(α,n)²°°Tl reaction in the 13.4- to 23.9-MeV energy range using an activation technique. Thick-target yields for the ⁶⁴Zn(α,γ)⁶⁸Ge (7- to 14-MeV) and ⁶³Cu(α,γ)⁶⁷Ga (7-MeV) reactions were measured. For all measurements, natural elements were bombarded with He⁺ beams from the 88'' Cyclotron at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). Irradiated samples were counted using a g-spectrometry system at LBNL's Low Background Facility. Measured ¹⁹⁷Au(α,γ)²°¹Tl cross-sections were compared with the NON-SMOKER theoretical values. The thick-target yields for the ⁶⁴Zn(α,γ)⁶⁸Ge and ⁶³Cu(α,γ)⁶⁷Ga reactions are also compared with the theoretical yield, calculated numerically using the energy dependent NON-SMOKER cross section data. In both cases, measured values are found to follow a trend of overlapping the predicted value near the alpha nucleus barrier height and fall below with a slowly widening difference between them in the sub barrier energy points.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review C, vol. 75, January, January 9, 2007, pp. 015802 75 FT
Smith, A R; Norman, E B; Basunia, M S; Shugart, H A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14668540