Aspects of the coriolis interaction in U235 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We have performed three separate experiments at LBNL's 88-Inch Cyclotron over a period of several years in which ²³⁵U (thick target) was Coulomb-excited. It involved stand-alone experiments with Gammasphere and with the 8PI Spectrometer using ¹³⁶Xe beams at 720 MeV, and a CHICO-Gammasphere experiment with an ⁴°Ar beam at 180 MeV. In addition to extending the known negative-parity bands to high spin, we have assigned levels in some seven positive-parity bands which are in some cases (e.g. 1/2, 7/2 and 5/2) strongly populated by E3 excitation. The CHICO data has been analyzed to extract E2 and E3 matrix elements from the observed yields. Additionally, many E1 and M1 matrix elements could be extracted from the γ-ray branching ratios.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Nuclei at the Limits Conference, Argonne, IL (US), 07/25/2004--07/30/2004.
Clark, R.M.; Hayes, A.B.; Fallon, P.; Lee, I.Y.; Stephens, F.S.; Ward, D.; Wu, C.-Y.; Svensson, C.E.; Teng, R.; Cline, D.; Macchiavelli, A.O.; Lane, G.J.; Cromaz, M.; Gorgen, A.; Diamond, R.M.; Vetter, K.; Deleplanque, M.A.; Nakatsukasa, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14668884