Nuclear Structure Research at the Triangle Universities Nuclear Laboratory. [Final report, 1 April 1988 to 4 May 1998] [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- North Carolina State University
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Much of the research is focused on symmetries and symmetry breaking. The authors have emphasized the effects of the many body system on symmetry breaking--the parity violation studies. A parallel interest lies in the effects of symmetry breaking on the many body system (as manifested in the statistical distributions characterizing the system). Another major activity has involved few nucleon scattering. The primary technical efforts are in low temperature targetry. The service activity for the nuclear science community is Nuclear Data Evaluation. Results achieved in these areas during the period of the grant are summarized. Details are given in the 10 annual progress reports, 10 Ph.D. dissertations, and approximately 150 publications.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mitchell, Gary E.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 04/01/1988 - 03/31/1998
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14669284