Quark-hadron duality and the nuclear EMC effect [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 162 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Recent data on polarized proton knockout reactions off He-4 nuclei suggest a small but nonzero modification of proton electromagnetic form factors in medium. Using model independent relations derived on the basis of quark-hadron duality, we relate the medium modification of the form factors to the modification at large x of the deep-inelastic structure function of a bound proton. This places strong constraints on models of the nuclear EMC effect which assume a large deformation of the intrinsic structure of the nucleon in medium.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
A.W. Thomas; W. Melnitchouk; K. Tsushima.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14669332