Bottom production asymmetries at the LHC [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We present results on bottom hadron production asymmetries at the LHC within both the Lund string fragmentation model and the intrinsic bottom model. The main aspects of the models are summarized and specific predictions for pp collisions at 14 TeV are given. Asymmetries are found to be very small at central rapidities increasing to a few percent at forward rapidities. At very large rapidities intrinsic production could dominate but this region is probably out of reach of any experiment.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1999 CERN Workshop on Standard Model Physics (and more) at the LHC, Geneva (CH), 05/25/1999--05/26/1999.
Vogt, R.; Norrbin, E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14669352