An accurate nucleon-nucleon potential with charge-independence breaking [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 822 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The authors present a new high-quality nucleon-nucleon potential with explicit charge dependence and charge asymmetry, which they designate Argonne υ₁₈. The model has a charge-independent part with fourteen operator components that is an updated version of the Argonne υ₁₄ potential. Three additional charge-dependent and one charge-asymmetric operators are added, along with a complete electromagnetic interaction. The potential has been fit directly to the Nijmegen pp and np scattering data base, low-energy nn scattering parameters, and deuteron binding energy. With 40 adjustable parameters it gives a χ² per datum of 1.09 for 4,301 pp and np data in the range 0--350 MeV.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:cebaf-th-94-19
E 1.99: doe/er/40150-1662
E 1.99: nucl-th/9408016
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Phys.Rev. C51 (1995) 38-51 FT
R. B. Wiringa; R. Schiavilla; V. G. J. Stoks.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14669620