Baryon spectra in Au + Au collisions [electronic resource] : Preliminary results from E-866
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Measurements are presented of single particle spectra from Au targets using the recently commissioned Au-beam at 11.6 GeV/c per nucleon from the BNL Tandem-Booster-AGS accelerator facilities. Protons and deuterons were detected with the measuring the 25msr E-802 spectrometer. Collision centrality was determined by measuring the forward energy in a calorimeter subtending a 1.2° cone about 0°. Some comparisons with the cascade code ARC have been made.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1992., "bnl--48588", " conf-921122--50", "DE93010878", Meeting of the Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society,Batavia, IL (United States),10-14 Nov 1992., and Gonin, M.; The E-802/E-866 Collaboration.
- Funding Information:
- AC02-76CH00016, W-31109-ENG-38, AC03-76SF00098, and W-7405-ENG-48
View MARC record | catkey: 14670007