Method and apparatus for determination of mechanical properties of functionally-graded materials [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Department of Energy. Office of Management, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Management and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Techniques for the determination of mechanical properties of homogenous or functionally-graded materials from indentation testing are presented. The technique is applicable to indentation on the nano-scale through the macro-scale including the geological scale. The technique involves creating a predictive load/depth relationship for a sample, providing an experimental load/depth relationship, comparing the experimental data to the predictive data, and determining a physical characteristic from the comparison.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1999., "us 5999887", and Suresh, Subra; Giannakopoulos, Antonios E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14670143