Empirical proton-neutron interaction strengths [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1989. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An empirical technique to extract proton-neutron interaction energies for specific protons and neutrons in a wide variety of nuclei is described. The results shed light on the roles of the monopole and quadrupole components of the p-n interaction, their orbit dependence, the microscopic basis of the N/sub p/N/sub n/ scheme, and the saturation of collectively observed in deformed nuclei. 3 refs., 4 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1989., "bnl-42975", " conf-8906168-1", "DE89015020", International conference on selected topics in nuclear structure, Dubna, USSR, 20-24 Jun 1989., and Brenner, D.S.; Casten, R.F.; Zhang, J.Y.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14670290