Design considerations for personnel access penetrations for the superconducting super collider [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The detailed design of the tunnel for the SSC will, hopefully, soon begin. In this note are documented some considerations concerning the design of the radiological shielding for personnel access labyrinths. The methods are standard ones used at Fermilab, most recently described in detail (along with experimental results) in a paper by Cossairt, et al. In the present paper a conceptual design is presented which will provide the required amount of protection for use of the SSC both as a pure collider and as an accelerator used for a fixed-target experimental program. A recipe will be developed which will allow designers to adjust these calculations for small deviations from this conceptual design.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14670686