Pairing correction of particle-hole state densities for two kinds of Fermions [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Pairing corrections in particle-hole (exciton) state-density formulas used in precompound nuclear reaction theories are, strictly speaking, dependent on the nuclear excitation energy U and the exciton number n. A general formula for (U,n)-dependent pairing corrections has been derived in an earlier paper for exciton state-density formulas for one kind of Fermion. In the present paper, a similar derivation is made for two kinds of Fermions. It is shown that the constant-pairing-energy correction used in standard level-density formulas, such as U/sub 0/ in Gilbert and Cameron, is a limiting case of the present general (U,n)-dependent results.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International conference on nuclear data for basic and applied science, Santa Fe, NM, USA, 13 May 1985.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14670705