Process for analyzing CO.sub.2 in seawater [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1997.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The process of this invention comprises providing a membrane for separating CO.sub.2 into a first CO.sub.2 sample phase and a second CO.sub.2 analyte phase. CO.sub.2 is then transported through the membrane thereby separating the CO.sub.2 with the membrane into a first CO.sub.2 sample phase and a second CO.sub.2 analyte liquid phase including an ionized, conductive, dissociated CO.sub.2 species. Next, the concentration of the ionized, conductive, dissociated CO.sub.2 species in the second CO.sub.2 analyte liquid phase is chemically amplified using a water-soluble chemical reagent which reversibly reacts with undissociated CO.sub.2 to produce conductivity changes therein corresponding to fluctuations in the partial pressure of CO.sub.2 in the first CO.sub.2 sample phase. Finally, the chemically amplified, ionized, conductive, dissociated CO.sub.2 species is introduced to a conductivity measuring instrument. Conductivity changes in the chemically amplified, ionized, conductive, dissociated CO.sub.2 species are detected using the conductivity measuring instrument.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 5643799
- Other Subject(s):
- Process Analyzing Seawater Process Comprises Providing Membrane Separating Sample Phase Analyte Phase Transported Membrane Separating Membrane Sample Phase Analyte Liquid Phase Including Ionized Conductive Dissociated Species Concentration Ionized Conductive Dissociated Species Analyte Liquid Phase Chemically Amplified Water-Soluble Chemical Reagent Reversibly Reacts Undissociated Produce Conductivity Changes Therein Corresponding Fluctuations Partial Pressure Sample Phase Finally Chemically Amplified Ionized Conductive Dissociated Species Introduced Conductivity Measuring Instrument Conductivity Changes Chemically Amplified Ionized Conductive Dissociated Species Detected Conductivity Measuring Instrument Sample Phase Sample Phase Sample Phase Comprises Providing Measuring Instrument Measuring Instrument Liquid Phase Liquid Phase Partial Pressure Phase Including Reversibly React Chemical Reagent Changes Therein Analyte Phase
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Atwater, James E.; Akse, James R.; DeHart, Jeffrey.
Umpqua Research Company (Myrtle Creek, OR)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14670863