Quasifree ([rvec p], [rvec n]) reactions and enhancement of pionic processes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (17 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
National Science Foundation (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Results from a complete set of polarization-transfer observables for quasifree ([rvec p], [rvec n]) scattering at 495 MeV are reported. Measurements were carried out on CD[sub 2], carbon, and calcium targets at a laboratory scattering angle of 18[degrees] using the new Neutron Time-of-Flight facility at LAMPF. The ratio of spin-longitudinal to spin-transverse responses at a momentum transfer of approximately 1.72 fm[sup [minus]1] is extracted from the data, as well as the separated responses, and compared to distorted-wave calculations incorporating a Random-Phase Approximation description of the nuclear response. Thespin-transverse response is compared to (e,e[prime]) measurements. The spin-longitudinal response represents new information available from hadron scattering.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Future directions in particle and nuclear physics at multi-GeV hadron beam facilities, Upton, NY (United States), 4-6 Mar 1993.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14671000