Dynamic polarization of ZF in a fluorinated alcohol [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We have studied microwave dynamic cooling of ZF and H nuclei in mixtures of 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanol and water, doped with Cr(V) complex. Equal spin temperatures of the two nuclei are produced, and the highest spin polarizations (/approximately/80%) are found in mixtures near the eutectic ratio. The high fluorine content and polarization make this a suitable material for polarized nuclear scattering experiments. 11 refs., 3 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. international symposium on high energy spin physics, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 12 Sep 1988.
Hill, D.; Purcell, M.; Kasprzyk, T.; Hoffmann, G.W.; Penttilae, S.; Jarmer, J.J.; Krumpolc, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14671205