Measurement of the /sup 235/U(n,f) reaction from thermal to 1 keV [electronic resource].
- Boulder, Colo. : United States. National Bureau of Standards, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. National Bureau of Standards and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The neutron induced fission cross section for /sup 235/U has been measured from .02 to 1000 electron volts at the NBS electron LINAC facility. This cross section, especially the integrals from 7.8 to 11 eV and from 100 to 1000 eV, is incorporating both the /sup 235/U foils and the /sup 10/B foils used to monitor the neutron beam was built. The geometry of the chamber and the data taking system are designed to give the effect of a common environment and flight path so as to reduce or eliminate background and energy assignment problems. The shape measurements were normalized at thermal. Results are compared to other recent measurements and ENDF/B-V. 5 refs., 9 figs., 3 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1988., "conf-880546-41", "DE89004819", International conference on nuclear data for science and technology, Mito, Japan, 30 May 1988., and Schrack, R.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14671225