Chiral field theories as models for hadron substructure [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A model for the nucleon as soliton of quarks interacting with classical meson fields is described. The theory, based on the linear sigma model, is renormalizable and capable of including sea quarks straightforwardly. Application to nuclear matter is made in a Wigner-Seitz approximation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-39781
E 1.99: conf-8703136-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Elementary structure of materials, Les Houches, France, 24 Mar 1987.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14671335