Nuclear moments of inertia at high spin [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 23 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The competition between collective motion and alignment at high spin can be evaluated by measuring two complementary dynamic moments of inertia. The first, I band, measured in ..gamma..-..gamma.. correlation experiments, relates to the collective properties of the nucleus. A new moment of inertia I/sub eff/ is defined here, which contains both collective and alignment effects. Both of these can be measured in continuum ..gamma..-ray spectra of rotational nuclei up to high frequencies. The evolution of ..gamma..-ray spectra for Er nuclei from mass 160 to 154 shows that shell effects can directly be observed in the spectra of the lighter nuclei.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
High angular momentum properties of nuclei conference, Oak Ridge, TN, USA, 2 Nov 1982.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14671923