Muon diffusion in noble metals [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Diffusion-induced muon depolarization was measured in dilute AgGd and AgEr in the temperature range 200 to 700/sup 0/K and have thereby determined the muon diffusion parameters in Ag. The diffusion parameters for ..mu../sup +/ in Cu, Ag, and Au are compared with those of hydrogen. For Ag and Au, the ..mu../sup +/ parameters are similar to those of hydrogen, whereas for Cu, the ..mu../sup +/ parameters are much smaller. Lattice-activated tunneling and over-barrier hopping are investigated with computational models.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International symposium on the electronic structure and properties of hydrogen in metals, Richmond, VA, USA, 4 Mar 1982.
Olsen, C.E.; Richards, P.M.; Hutson, R.L.; Schillaci, M.E.; Heffner, R.H.; MacLaughlin, D.E.; Leon, M.; Dodds, S.A.; Boekema, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14671990