Dynamical symmetries for odd-odd nuclei [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recent work for developing dynamical symmetries and supersymmetries is reviewed. An accurate description of odd-odd nuclei requires inclusion of the fermion-fermion force (the residual interaction) and the distinguishing of fermion configurations which are particle like and those which are hole like. A parabolic dependence of the proton-neutron multiplet in odd-odd nuclei is demonstrated. It is shown that a group structure for Bose-Fermi symmetries can be embedded in a supergroup. These methods are used to predict level schemes for Au-196 and Au-198. 11 refs., 3 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1986., "conf-8606130-1", "DE86011770", International conference on nuclear structure, reactions, and symmetries, Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia, 5 Jun 1986., and Balantekin, A.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14672032