Experimental determination of anomalous scattering lengths of samarium for thermal neutrons [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Anomalous scattering lengths of natural Sm for thermal neutrons with wavelengths between 0.827 and 1.300 A have been determined using a single crysrtal of a Sm-complex of known structure. 140 selected reflections were measured at each wavelength and b/sub 0/ + b' and b'' refined in each case. The values obtained are in good agreement with theoretical values obtained from a Breit-Wigner calculation using tabulated resonance parameters for /sup 149/Sm. A value of b/sub 0/ = 4.3 +- 0.2 fm is deduced from the diffraction experiment.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-29949
E 1.99: conf-810840-3
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Symposium on neutron scattering, Argonne, IL, USA, 12 Aug 1981.
Engel, D.W.; Koetzle, T.F.
Associated Universities, Inc., Washington, DC (USA)
Durban-Westville Univ. (South Africa)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14672097