Thermal and quantal isospin and spin fluctuations in heavy ion reactions [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California, Berkeley, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 58 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Berkeley and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The isobaric charge distributions are discussed in terms of quantal and classical isospin fluctuations. The roles of mass asymmetry and of the higher giant isovector modes are treated within the framework of a cylinder model that is worked out exactly. Spin fluctuations are considered first in terms of quantal fluctuations in a cylinder model and second in terms of thermal fluctuations in a two-sphere model. The results are applied to the calculation of in- and out-of-plane angular distributions for sequential fission, alpha and gamma decay. Analytical expressions are obtained for the angular distributions. The theoretical predictions are compared with experimental results for sequential fission, alpha, and gamma angular distributions. 23 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "lbl-10493", " conf-800139-1", 18. international winter meeting on nuclear physics, Bormio, Italy, 21 Jan 1980., and Moretto, L.G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14672197