Review of ORNL-TSF shielding experiments for the gas-cooled Fast Breeder Reactor Program [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 215 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During the period between 1975 and 1980 a series of experiments was performed at the ORNL Tower Shielding Facility in support of the shield design for a 300-MW(e) Gas Cooled Fast Breeder Demonstration Plant. This report reviews the experiments and calculations, which included studies of: (1) neutron streaming in the helium coolant passageways in the GCFR core; (2) the effectiveness of the shield designed to protect the reactor grid plate from radiation damage; (3) the adequacy of the radial shield in protecting the PCRV (prestressed concrete reactor vessel) from radiation damage; (4) neutron streaming between abutting sections of the radial shield; and (5) the effectiveness of the exit shield in reducing the neutron fluxes in the upper plenum region of the reactor.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1982., "ornl-5805", "DE82007737", and Ingersoll, D.T.; Slater, C.O.; Abbott, L.S.; Muckenthaler, F.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14672506