Sensor array for toxic gas detection [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A portable instrument for use in the field in detecting and identifying a hazardous component in air or other gas including an array of small sensors which upon exposure to the gas from a pattern of electrical responses, a source of standard response patterns characteristic of various components, and microprocessor means for comparing the sensor-formed response pattern with one or more standard patterns to thereby identify the component on a display. The number of responses may be increased beyond the number of sensors by changing the operating voltage, temperature or other condition associated with one or more sensors to provide a plurality of responses from each of one or more of the sensors. In one embodiment, the instrument is capable of identifying anyone of over 50-100 hazardous components.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 4670405
- Other Subject(s):
- Sensor Array Toxic Gas Detection Portable Instrument Field Detecting Identifying Hazardous Component Air Gas Including Array Sensors Exposure Gas Pattern Electrical Responses Source Standard Response Patterns Characteristic Various Components Microprocessor Means Comparing Sensor-Formed Response Pattern Standard Patterns Identify Component Display Responses Increased Sensors Changing Operating Voltage Temperature Condition Associated Sensors Provide Plurality Responses Sensors Embodiment Instrument Capable Identifying 50-100 Hazardous Components Response Patterns Portable Instrument Operating Voltage Sensor Array Various Components Gas Detection Response Pattern Response Pattern Gas Including Toxic Gas Various Component Processor Means Electrical Response
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Zaromb, Solomon; Stetter, Joseph R.; Penrose, William R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14672537