Photon spectrum in pion capture on tritium [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California, Berkeley, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Berkeley and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The photon spectrum from the pion capture reaction ..pi../sup -/ + t ..-->.. 3n + ..gamma.. was measured with a high-resolution pair-spectrometer to study the A = 3 system in a pure T = 3/2 state. The measured branching ratio (..pi../sup -/t ..-->.. nn..gamma..)/(..pi../sup -/t ..-->.. nnn..gamma.. or nnn) is 4.5 +- 0.8 percent. The shape of the photon spectrum is in satisfactory agreement with theoretical calculations which include final state interactions among the three neutrons. No evidence for a bound trineutron is found.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1976., "lbl-4268", and Crowe, K.M.; Cooper, S.; Bistirlich, J.A.; Shively, F.T.; Grilly, E.R.; Perroud, J.P.; Sherman, R.H.; Baer, H.W.; Truoel, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14672904