lambda. N effective interaction [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A combination of theoretical estimates, based on a ..lambda..N potential model, and phenomenological analysis of hypernuclear data is used to determine a set of four P/sub N/s/sub ..lambda../ two-body matrix elements which characterize the spin dependence of the ..lambda..N interaction in the p shell. The central spin-spin and the ..lambda.. spin-orbit matrix elements are most strongly constrained by existing data. The spin dependence is weak in the sense that s/sub ..lambda../ doublet splittings are predicted to be of order 100 keV except for the special case of /sub ..lambda..//sup 7/Li where the central spin-spin interaction dominates and the ground-state doublet separation is likely to be about 600 keV. The results of recent (K/sup -/, ..pi../sup -/..gamma..) experiments at the Brookhaven AGS are interpreted in terms of the ..lambda..N effective interaction.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/23/1984., "bnl-34955", " conf-8405193-20", "DE84014382", Conference on the intersections between particle and nuclear physics, Steamboat, CO, USA, 23 May 1984., and Millener, D.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14673031