5000 groove/mm multilayer-coated blazed grating with 33percent efficiency in the 3rd order in the EUV wavelength range [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Advanced Light Source, 2009. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Advanced Light Source, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We report on recent progress in developing diffraction gratings which can potentially provide extremely high spectral resolution of 105-106 in the EUV and soft x-ray photon energy ranges. Such a grating was fabricated by deposition of a multilayer on a substrate which consists ofa 6-degree blazed grating with a high groove density. The fabrication of the substrate gratings was based on scanning interference lithography and anisotropic wet etch of silicon single crystals. The optimized fabrication process provided precise control of the grating periodicity, and the grating groove profile, together with very short anti-blazed facets, and near atomically smooth surface blazed facets. The blazed grating coated with 20 Mo/Si bilayers demonstrated a diffraction efficiency in the third order as high as 33percent at an incidence angle of 11? and wavelength of 14.18 nm.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/07/2009., "lbnl-2275e", Advances in X-Ray/EUV Optics and Components IV - part of program track on X-Ray, Gamma-Ray, and Particle Technologies. Optical Engineering + Applications - part of SPIE Optics + Photonics 2009, San Diego, CA., and Gullikson, Eric; Yashchuk, Valeriy; Padmore, Howard; Anderson, Erik; Advanced Light Source; Salmassi, Farhad; Voronov, Dmitriy L.; Cambie, Rossana; Schattenburg, Mark; Chang, Chih-Hao; Heilmann, Ralf; Ahn, Minseung.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14674077