Development of a surveillance robot for dimensional and visual inspection of fuel and reflector elements from the Fort St. Vrain HTGR [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A robotic device has been developed for dimensional and visual inspection of irradiated HTGR core components. The robot consists of a rotary table and a two-finger probe, driven by stepping motors, and four remotely controlled television cameras. Automated operation is accomplished via minicomputer control. A total of 51 irradiated fuel and reflector elements were inspected at a fraction of the time and cost required for conventional methods.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 12 Nov 1979.
Miller, C.M.; Smith, T.L.; Wallroth, C.F.; Marsh, N.I.; Saurwein, J.J.
General Atomic Co., San Diego, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14675220