FINAL REPORT DE-FG02-04ER41317 Advanced Computation and Chaotic Dynamics for Beams and Accelerators [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2014. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 872kB : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Colorado Boulder, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During the year ending in August 2013, we continued to investigate the potential of photonic crystal (PhC) materials for acceleration purposes. We worked to characterize acceleration ability of simple PhC accelerator structures, as well as to characterize PhC materials to determine whether current fabrication techniques can meet the needs of future accelerating structures. We have also continued to design and optimize PhC accelerator structures, with the ultimate goal of finding a new kind of accelerator structure that could offer significant advantages over current RF acceleration technology. This design and optimization of these requires high performance computation, and we continue to work on methods to make such computation faster and more efficient.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/08/2014., "doe-colorado-41317", and Cary, John R.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 06/01/2010 - 09/08/2014
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14675413