Analysis of kicker noise induced beam emittance growth [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2012.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Over the last few years, physicists have occasionally observed the presence of noise acting on the RHIC beams leading to emittance growth at high beam energies. While the noise was sporadic in the past, it became persistent during the Run-11 setup period. An investigation diagnosed the source as originating from the RHIC dump kicker system. Once identified the issue was quickly resolved. We report in this paper the investigation result, circuit analysis, measured and simulated waveforms, solutions, and future plans.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--96724-2012-cp
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2012 International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC 2012); New Orleans, LA; 20120520 through 20120525.
Mi, J.; Blaskiewicz, M.; Fischer, W.; Sandberg, J.; Brennan, M.; Ahrens, L.; Mernick, K.; Roser, T.; Huang, H.; Zelenski, A.; Hahn, H.; Minty, M.; Marr, G.; Kling, N.; Shrey, T.; Lafky, M.; Naylor, C.; Zhang W.; Blacker, I.M.; van Kuik, B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676159