Comparing new models of transverse instability with simulations [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2012.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recently, Balbekov and Burov have produced an ordinary integro-differential equation that approximates the Vlasov equation for beams with wakefields and large space charge tune shift. The present work compares this model with simulations. In particular, the claim that certain types of transverse wakes cannot lead to mode coupling instabilities is explored.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--96700-2012-cp
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2012 International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC 2012); New Orleans, LA; 20120520 through 20120525.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676170