Rapid-cycling synchrotron with variable momentum compaction [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2010.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- There are conflicting requirements on the value of the momentum compaction factor during energy ramping in a synchrotron: at low energies it should be positive and sufficiently large to make the slippage factor small so that it is possible to work closer to the RF voltage crest and ensure sufficient RF bucket area, whereas at higher energies it should be small or negative to avoid transition crossing. In the present report we propose a lattice with a variable momentum compaction factor and consider the possibility of using it in a high repetition rate proton driver for a muon collider and neutrino factory.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at 1st International Particle Accelerator Conference: IPAC'10, Kyoto, Japan, 23-28 May 2010.
Summers, D.J.; Alexahin, Y.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676518