SRF Test Areas Cryogenic System Controls Graphical User Interface [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has constructed a superconducting 1.3 GHz cavity test facility at Meson Detector Building (MDB) and a superconducting 1.3 GHz cryomodule test facility located at the New Muon Lab Building (NML). The control of these 2K cryogenic systems is accomplished by using a Synoptic graphical user interface (GUI) to interact with the underlying Fermilab Accelerator Control System. The design, testing and operational experience of employing the Synoptic client-server system for graphical representation will be discussed. Details on the Synoptic deployment to the MDB and NML cryogenic sub-systems will also be discussed. The implementation of the Synoptic as the GUI for both NML and MDB has been a success. Both facilities are currently fulfilling their individual roles in SCRF testing as a result of successful availability of the cryogenic systems. The tools available for creating Synoptic pages will continue to be developed to serve the evolving needs of users.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/09/2011., "fermilab-conf-11-260-ad", Presented at Cryogenic Engineering Conference and International Cryogenic Materials Conference CEC-ICMC 2011, Spokane, Washington, 13-17 June 2011., and Klebaner, A.; Soyars, W.M.; DeGraff, B.D.; Ganster, G.; Petrov, A.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676635