Chromatic analysis and possible local chromatic correction in RHIC [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this article we will answer the following questions for the RHIC polarized proton (p-p) and Au-Au run lattices: (1) what are the sources of second order chromaticities? (2) what is the dependence of second order chromaticity on the on-momentum β-beat? (3) what is the dependence of second order chromaticity on β* at IP6 and IP8? To answer these questions, we use the perturbation theory to numerically calculate the contributions of each quadrupole and sextupole to the first, second, and third order chromaticities. Possible local methods to reduce chromatic effects in RHIC ring are shortly discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--94117-2011-cp
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2011 Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC'11); New York, NY; 20110328 through 20110401.
Luo, Y.; Gu, X.; Fischer, W.; Trbojevic, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676701