Experiments on HOM spectrum manipulation in a 1.3 GHz ILC SC cavity [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Superconducting cavities with high operating Q will be installed in the Project-X, a superconducting linac, which is under development at Fermilab. Possibility of cavity design without HOM couplers considered. Rich spectrum of the beam and large number of cavities in ProjectX linac can result to resonance excitation of some high order modes with high shunt impedance. Under scope of study of High order modes damping the manipulation with HOM spectrum in cold linac is considered. Results of detuning HOM spectrum of 1.3 GHz cavities at 2K in Horizontal Test Station of Fermilab are presented. Possible explanation of the phenomena is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/2011., "fermilab-conf-11-078-td", Presented at 2011 Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC'11), New York, NY, 28 Mar - 1 Apr 2011., and Khabiboulline, T.; Yakovlev, V.; Solyak, N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676751