High power tests of dressed supconducting 1.3 GHz RF cavities [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A single-cavity test cryostat is used to conduct pulsed high power RF tests of superconducting 1.3 GHz RF cavities at 2 K. The cavities under test are welded inside individual helium vessels and are outfitted ('dressed') with a fundamental power coupler, higher-order mode couplers, magnetic shielding, a blade tuner, and piezoelectric tuners. The cavity performance is evaluated in terms of accelerating gradient, unloaded quality factor, and field emission, and the functionality of the auxiliary components is verified. Test results from the first set of dressed cavities are presented here.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/2011., "fermilab-conf-11-133-td", Presented at 2011 Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC'11), New York, NY, 28 Mar - 1 Apr 2011., and Hocker, A.; Lunin, A.; Harms, E.R.; Sukhanov, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676770