Production of BaBar Skimmed Analysis Datasets Using the Grid [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The BABAR Collaboration, based at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC), Stanford, US, has been performing physics reconstruction, simulation studies and data analysis for 8 years using a number of compute farms around the world. Recent developments in Grid technologies could provide a way to manage the distributed resources in a single coherent structure. We describe enhancements to the BABAR experiment's distributed skimmed dataset production system to make use of European Grid resources and present the results with regard to BABAR's latest cycle of skimmed dataset production. We compare the benefits of a local and Grid-based systems, the ease with which the system is managed and the challenges of integrating the Grid with legacy software. We compare job success rates and manageability issues between Grid and non-Grid production.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Prepared for International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP 07), Victoria, BC, Canada, 2-7 Sep 2007.
Khan, A.; Smith, D.; Bailey, D.; Barlow, R.; Barrett, M.; Andreotti, D.; Luppi, E.; Wilson, F.F.; Brew, C.A.J.; Castelli, G.; Adye, T.; Roethel, W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676811