Cavity Beam Position Monitor System for ATF2 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2012. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Accelerator Test Facility 2 (ATF2) in KEK, Japan, is a prototype scaled demonstrator system for the final focus required for a future high energy lepton linear collider. The ATF2 beam-line is instrumented with a total of 38 C and S band resonant cavity beam position monitors (CBPM) with associated mixer electronics and digitizers. The current status of the BPM system is described, with a focus on operational techniques and performance. The ATF2 C-band system is performing well, with individual CBPM resolution approaching or at the design resolution of 50 nm. The changes in the CBPM calibration observed over three weeks can probably be attributed to thermal effects on the mixer electronics systems. The CW calibration tone power will be upgraded to monitor changes in the electronics gain and phase. The four S-band CBPMs are still to be investigated, the main problem associated with these cavities is a large cross coupling between the x and y ports. This combined with the large design dispersion in that degion makes the digital signal processing difficult, although various techniques exist to determine the cavity parameters and use these coupled signals for beam position determination.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/09/2012., "slac-pub-15177", Conf.Proc.C100523:MOPE070,2010, 1st International Particle Accelerator Conference: IPAC'10, 23-28 May 2010, Kyoto, Japan., and Kim, Eun-San; Honda, Yosuke; Tauchi, Toshiaki; Urakawa, Junji; Frisch, Josef; Terunuma, Nobuhiro; McCormick, Douglas; May, Justin; Molloy, Stephen; Smith, Tonee; Woodley, Mark; Kim, Youngim; White, Glen; Aryshev, Alexander; Boogert, Stewart; Boorman, Gary; Swinson, Christina; Ainsworth, Robert; Nelson, Janice; Heo, Ae-young; Kim, Hyoung-Suk.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14676855