The RHIC Optically-Pumped Polarized H Ion Source [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The depolarization factors in the multi-step spin-transfer polarization technique and basic limitations on maximum polarization in the OPPIS (Optically-Pumped Polarized H⁻ Ion Source) are discussed. Detailed studies of polarization losses in the RHIC OPPIS and the source parameters optimization resulted in the OPPIS polarization increase to 86-90%. This contributed to increasing polarization in the AGS and RHIC to 65-70%.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/10/2007., "bnl--80020-2008-cp", "KB0202011", The RHIC Optically-Pumped Polarized H Ion Source.; Upton, New York; 20070910 through 20070914., and Ritter, J.; Zelenski,A.; Kponou, A.; Kokhanovski, S.; Zubets, V.
- Funding Information:
- DE-AC02-98CH10886 and 18033
View MARC record | catkey: 14677808