CesrTA Retarding Field Analyzer Measurements in Drifts, Dipoles, Quadrupoles and Wigglers [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2010.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Over the course of the CesrTA program, the Cornell Electron Storage Ring (CESR) has been instrumented with several retarding field analyzers (RFAs), which measure the local density and energy distribution of the electron cloud. These RFAs have been installed in drifts, dipoles, quadrupoles, and wigglers; and data have been taken in a variety of beam conditions and bunch configurations. This paper will provide an overview of these results, and give a preliminary evaluation of the efficacy of cloud mitigation techniques implemented in the instrumented vacuum chambers.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at 1st International Particle Accelerator Conference: IPAC'10, Kyoto, Japan, 23-28 May 2010.
Calvey, J.R.; Li, Y.; Palmer, M.A.; Harkay, K.; Rumolo, G.; Suetsugu, Y.; Pivi, M.; Wang, L.; Kanazawa, K.; Calatroni, S.; Livezey, J.A.; Makita, J.; Meller, R.E.; Schwartz, R.M.; Strohman, C.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14677836