Application of Coherent Tune Shift Measurements to the Characterization of Electron Cloud Growth [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Measurements of coherent tune shifts at the Cornell Electron Storage Ring Test Accelerator (CesrTA) have been made for electron and positron beams under a wide variety of beam energies, bunch charge, and bunch train configurations. Comparing the observed tunes with the predictions of several electron cloud simulation programs allows the evaluation of important parameters in these models. These simulations will be used to predict the behavior of the electron cloud in damping rings for future linear colliders. We outline recent improvements to the analysis techniques that should improve the fidelity of the modeling.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/28/2011., "lbnl-4618e", 2011 Particle Accelrator Conference Pac'11, New York, NY, March 28- April 1, 2011., Palmer, M.A.; Crittenden, J.A.; Venturini, M.; Kreinick, D.L.; Holtzapple, R.L.; Dugan, G.; Furman, M.A.; Randazzo, M.; Ramirez, G., Accelerator&, and Fusion Research Division
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14678159